

Alright...here is the longer version of David and my engagement.
On Monday after a pretty busy day, David and I decided to drive north about a half an hour to go watch the sunset on the beach. Honestly, I was pretty stressed out about some stuff, so I wasn't the most pleasant person to be with. We had gone to that beach a couple days before to go snorkeling with some friends.
We arrived about 30 minutes before the sun was about to set, so we walked around a bit and explored. The beach is surrounded by "jungle" and right off the beach is a bunch of lava rocks sticking outside the water. David kept telling me to walk through the water with him and explore the rocks. A couple times, I thought, why is he being so bossy. =)
After walking around a bit he asked me to dance with him in the water. After dancing for a bit, he told me he had a question for me. He told me later, that when he said that my entire body tensed up. =) Right as he was about to ask me a question, he blurted out that he had dropped something in the water. So for about 3 minutes he had me leaning over looking for something in the water. I kept saying, no you didn't and finally asked him if he dropped my car keys. He said, no it was something smaller. I kept thinking about my dad who lost his first wedding band in the ocean. When I looked up after not seeing anything in the water, he was down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I hugged and kissed him and then realized, I hadn't given him an answer. I said, yes of course. =)

After talking for a few minutes he asked if I wanted to see our photographer. Chris Cohoon, my co-worker had been taking pictures the entire time. That's why David kept telling me to go here and there because he didn't want me to see Chris.

I am so excited to marry this amazing man of God. This entire relationship has been such a crazy God story. From how we met, how we started dating and even now the engagement. Now we can begin the crazy, hopefully fun process of planning a wedding.

8 comments:
Let me be the first on your blog to congratulate you and give you best wishes! We are so excited for you both and can't wait to come to the wedding in Colorado. We thank God for bringing you both together to serve together in Japan. Keep us in the loop with your plans.
Love, Uncle Jim and Aunt Jan
YAY!!! So excited for you!! Running to work now but I'll email you later!
love
jenna
YAY!!! So excited for you!! Running to work now but I'll email you later!
love
jenna
Hey Pres,
Awesome news! I'm so excited for the two of you! I always knew that God would bless you with someone amazing, and I trust that He has done so. Congrats! Keep fighting the good fight!
Your Vice Pres for Life,
Bill Swan
Congrats! We're excited to meet him! Send us more pictures of you both!
Rimas and Abby
Congrats! We are so excited for you. Let the wedding craziness begin!!
ANDREA!!! I am so so so happy for you!! this is so exciting!! i am so glad you are happy!! i love you andrea!
that last comment was from ashleigh. hahaha. forgot to sign my name!! congrats again
Post a Comment