Like most people, I get very annoyed with red tape and silly rules but I have chosen to do ministry in a world of red tape and rules!!
Some of you may heard in the news, there was a recent claim of a rape of a local 14 year old girl by a marine here on island. With out going into too much of the politics of it all the military has restricted all off base activity. This means I can drive home but that's it as far as anything off base. This restriction is for all military, and civilian contractors on Okinawa and on mainland Japan. The rumor is this will last at least three weeks. Needless to say I am getting stir crazy already. On my days off I often go to the coffee shop down the street from my house and spend time walking around off base. And today was a beautiful day and I really wanted to be out and about. =)
Would you be in prayer for our military leadership as they try and decide the wisest way to handle this mess?
Friday, February 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Andrea! I just heard about the restriction...crazy crazy! Praying for you and everyone during this time. Maybe this is a blessing as far as wedding planning goes?! Forced fun eh?
love,
Jenna
Post a Comment