
This morning, at 0830 I loaded up a mom's van with most of my Bible study girls to head to the airport. It was about an hour drive to get there, the ride was full of laughs, whining, listening music, asking, "When we are going to get there?" and of course "I need to go the bathroom!". But we did get there! We went to see off one of our girls Kirsten. This was our first good bye from our youth group this year and it wont be the last.
Our girls made farewell cards for Kirsten. Most of the time we spent taking pictures and hugging as her family waited in line to check in. I must say, my heart was glad that it was painful for them all to say good bye. In our military world where good bye's are so common many kids become closed off. Hurting means they invested into each other's lives. The girls have all grown as friends and in their walks with Jesus. This is wonderful. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment