Saturday, July 26, 2008

Okinawa Spiders



The other day, we went hiking with some friends. We hiked about 45 minutes into the jungle to Hiji Falls. We didn't have a lot of time to get to Hiji and back out before the trail closed but we did it and saw some interesting things on the way.

The spider was just off the path. I jumped when I saw it. I was just glad it was a smaller one.

It was very humid and by the time we got to the falls we were all soaked in sweat. But we had been told many, many times not to go in the water by many Americans. Apparently the water has parasites in it. But when we arrived there was an entire Japanese family swimming in the water. I guess they must be immune. None of us wanted to risk it. We had heard too many horror stories of how sick you get. It did look refreshing though!

No comments: