Friday, November 28, 2008

Hume Lake & Shuri Castle






Last week we had two Hume Lake staff out here visiting Okinawa. Hume Lake is running our annual HS spring break trip, Shorebreak. David, Buddy and the guys were going to go out to Tokishiki Island to check out the site for the camp but the weather was bad so we had an afternoon to kill. Since we had some time we headed down to Naha and checked out Shuri Castle. It was impressive but its just not the same as castles in Europe. =) The best part was they give you this flier with a map of the castle. And as you go through the castle you can stamp your flier. If you get so many stamps kids can go get a prize. =) I lost my paper so I didn't get a prize. Well, also I am not 12.

Also, you take your shoes off when you go inside. They give you a bag for you to carry your shoes in. =)

No comments: