Sunday, June 10, 2007

Last Days

A couple days ago, I sent my first few boxes to Japan. It all still feels a little unreal. But my house being a mess from packing reminds me that this is real. I am 6 wks out from leaving Germany and there is still lots to get done. You know, all that fun stuff like canceling the phone. =) But in the midst of all the "stuff" I have to get done there is the relational/ministry part.

I must admit, I am not even sure how to process leaving Germany and my ministry here. How do I say good bye to Germany where I have lived for 13 years of my life? How do I say good bye to Wiesbaden? I can't imagine going to youth group, and all the kids I have grown to dearly love not being there.

I guess it comes down to faith and trust that God will take me through these next few weeks. And as I go into these 6 wks I will choose to enjoy and cherish all my lasts....last Chapel lunch, last graduation, last overnight, last movie night, last Starbucks runs....

No comments: