Being a missionary people will often make comments about how they admire me for the "sacrifices" I make by living overseas and doing ministry. Growing up in ministry and loving what I do so much I often don't feel like I sacrifice much at all.
But lately I have realized there are things being sacrificed but often its not just me sacrificing its others. Let me explain.
Over the past few years I have missed out on weddings for cousins, or even the planning of weddings with best friends, I have not been able to be with family members in crisis. This past week I had another such moment talking with someone dear to me and not being able to BE THERE for them. So you see, yes I feel the sacrifice but mostly in all of these things, especially with family its not me sacrificing but THEM!!! So, I want to say thank you! Thank you to my family (immediate and extended) for paying the sacrifice so I can be here. I see it, I feel it and thank you! I thank God for all of you!
Friday, June 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment